Thursday, July 1, 2010

Tender Words

Our girls always say the sweetest things.  Unfortunately, our finite minds tend to forget such sweet memories....
these are words that are worthy of print.

Recently, Lydia said "My Dad is beautiful."

The other night, Clara and I were spending some quiet moments before bed.  We were talking about her favorite moments of the day.  As we were talking, I was combing her wet har. After naming a few fav moments, Clara concluded that "right now" (aka the time with me) was the best moment of the day.  This was extra special for me since our morning had been full of rough parenting over cleaning up toys.  It had left me exhausted and emotionally spent.  However, those few minutes with her at the end of the day and her sweet honesty was the best gift ever!

Another tender moment that comes to mind is from last Christmas.  We went to Tennessee, and I always cry A LOT when I leave my mom.  My little sister, Mary Grace, who was 3 at the time, was very concerned about my crying. I told her they were happy tears. Mary took her small hands, wiped my tears off my cheeks, and then wiped them on her own cheeks....saying that she wanted my happy tears.  Well, the river overflowth at that! 

I wish I could soak in every sweet word, every tender look, every radiant smile.  Life is so short.  I am so thankful that one day I will get to spend eternity basking in all that is good with my Lord and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment